Project Code: IST-1999-29585(International)
Funding programme: IST
Funding Agency: European Commission
Project type: RTD
Web site: http://www.archimedia.gr/cebos/
Starting date: 6 January 2001
Ending date: 30 June 2003
ISTLab budget: 91,320 EUR
Total budget: 11,146,000 EUR
Scientific coordinator: Dr. Nancy Pouloudi
Project Manager: Dr. Korina Diamanti
Contact: Dr. Korina Diamanti
- Validating a high customizable e-Business model for concentrated e-Market Places, which will eventually contribute to sustainable regional and European SME growth. The CEBOS e-business platform provides advanced business solutions via customization of process models, work and information flows and user interfaces. Their validation is achieved through CEBOS Best Practice pilots, where all coordinates are measured and verified accordingly.
- Facilitating cost efficient participation of SMEs in e-Business activities. For the duration of the project alternative annual costs, for participating in CEBOS market places, have been defined according to current and future market values. This cost is directly associated with the best practice that CEBOS is going to demonstrate, and is compared with alternative modes of going digital in order to prove its competitiveness.
- Improving the e-Business maturity in each regional environment of the project. For the duration of CEBOS extended dissemination activities facilitated project awareness along with the active participation of SMEs in its pilots and the establishment of e-Business reference nodes in each region. Parallel marketing activities directed to the end consumers also supported this objective.
- Provision of e-Business reference points in each region for SME training and consulting. Each catalyst organization established a help desk providing assistance for the CEBOS pilots and e-Business adoption in general. More than 300 SMEs have been supported in developing their on-line activities as a result of CEBOS.
- Deployment of electronic markets that will increase WEB content and provide high quality services for the end consumers.